People wonder, what qualifies a person as a goth. Well, its typically stereotyped as eerie, complex, exotic and mysterious. It can be determined as a dark, and sometime morbid fashion and style of dress. With goth fashion it can include the color black, which the persons hair is black and have black period-styled clothing, with both male and female goths they can be seen wearing dark eyeliner and dark fingernail polish and the main color is usually black.
8 different type of goth styles are
- Traditional Goth- It defines the aesthetic that reflects the classic and original aesthetics of goths from the 1980s
- Romantic Goth- The style is influenced by the fashion of the Romantic Era (1800-1850) as well as the modern goth styles
- Pastel Goth- It sometimes referred to as ‘’creepy cute’’ it’s a fashion-oriented style that is often associated with Japanese street style, nu goth and Tumblr. It has a blended theme of dark and iconography. (Ex. Monster, blood, and gore) or with cute and almost childish themes such as bows, candy and the pastel colors.
- Hippie Goth- It’s like regular hippies, but the hippy goth type can and usually may be eco- and animal friendly. There is also a possibility of them being vegan or vegetarian as well. The difference is in this type its more morbid or a dark splash on a regular hippy lifestyle or fashion.
- Vampire Goth- The style is like the romantic goths that enjoy the dark and luxurious fabrics. The style is lay and satin, with flowy type dresses and other clothing. The make up is also like the Romantic Goths with soft eyes, bold lips, and a pale face.
- Cyber Goth- It’s a subculture that derives from the elements of goth which is raver, rivethead, and cyber punk fashion
- Bubble Goth- It is a type of gothic-inspired fashion that was recently created by the pop singer Kerli Koiv. She is aiming to make the beautiful creepy, and the creepy, beautiful. She wants to take the light and dark and mend them together.
- Tribal Goth- They can be like Hippy goths; they have longer hair and or dreads and they will listen to a variety of music. Their typical fashion can include belly dancing garb that has been made black or covered in a more gothic type items like lace for some morbid flare.